To access our site, please consider downloading the most current version available of
these three browsers.
View our Advisories for information on flight disruptions.
Deer Lake is home to some of the most natural and rugged beauty Canada has to offer. With friendly locals, a distinct culture and a unique dialect, it would be a shame to not visit Newfoundland. Take a long walk along the lake, go swimming off the sandy beaches, play a round of golf or fish for salmon! A great family-friendly destination with no shortage of activities. If you do like to follow lists though, here are our top 5 must-do activities:
1. Pack your backpack and hike the East Coast Trail
2. Downhill ski at Marble Mountain
3. Take a pic at Cape Spear – the most easternly point in North America.
4. Eat some Fish n’ Chips, because #WhenInNewfoundland
5. Take the Elliston Food Hike – a 5km annual walk where top Canadian chefs cook for you at various intervals throughout the walk