To access our site, please consider downloading the most current version available of
these three browsers.
Visit our Travel Ready Hub for travel requirements.
Swoop’s Zoo Brew Contest (The “Contest”) is conducted and administered by Swoop, Inc. (herein referred to as “the Sponsor"), and located at #330, 4311 12 Street NE, Calgary AB, T2E 4P9.
a. The contest is open to residents of Edmonton, who have reached the age of majority in their province/jurisdiction in which he/she resides at the time of entry.
b. The contest is not open to employees and any person who is or purports to be a family member (defined as spouse, common-law, travel companions, dependents for federal income tax purposes, or step- or biological mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of any employee of Sponsor, or their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising or promotional agencies.
c. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, valid government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner will result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
d. The Contest Entry Period (the “Contest Period”) begins at 11:00 a.m. MT on August 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MT on August 20, 2021.
e. There are two (2) ways to enter for one chance to win; 1. Enter at https://www.flyswoop.com/contests/zoo-brew/ for a total of 1 entry.
2. Or, scan the QR Code (available at the ZooBrew event on August 20, 2021 – Edmonton Valley Zoo, 13315 Buena Vista Road, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7) to enter.
There is one (1) entry per entrant throughout the Contest Period, for a maximum of one (1) Entries per entrant. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to use (or attempts to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one , and in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, the Entrant shall be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Entries voided. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PERSON BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES AS STATED IN THESE RULES.
Although an email address is required to complete the entry.
One (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won, consisting of; round-trip airfare for two (2) people (inclusive of airport taxes, fees & surcharges), departing from Edmonton, AB (EIA) serviced by Swoop Inc., to San Diego, CA (SAN); Two 1-day passes to the San Diego Zoo. Approximate maximum retail value $1200.00 CAD based on a value of $600 per person.
Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, assigned, sold, or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any stated prize (or portion thereof) with an alternate prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion, for whatever the reason. Grand Prize may not be exactly as advertised, and except as expressly warranted herein, any Grand Prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
1. Grand Prize must be booked before or on November 19, 2021 with travel completed by April 24, 2022. Grand Prize is valid towards round-trip travel between October 31, 2021 and April 24, 2022. No travel during airline blackout periods, that include, but are not limited to; November 10– 15, 2021; December 17 – January 4, 2022, February 17-22, 2022, March 11-April 4, 2022, April 14-19, 2022. All seats are subject to promotional seat availability. No changes to destinations, names, travel dates etc., will be accepted, once booked. Grand Prize is not valid for any flights departing after such date and extensions to the expiry date will not be permitted.
Grand Prize must be booked no later than November 20, 2021, after which time the Grand Prize will expire. Winner and his/her designated guest must travel on the same itinerary in both directions. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for ground transportation (incl. transfers to hotel) to and from the gateway airport and all other expenses not stated as included herein. No changes accepted. Cancellations are appreciated but will result in a forfeiture of the prize in its entirety.
2. Any additional taxes, fees and applicable surcharges will be at the expense of the Grand Prize Winner.
3. Transportation is subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Seasonal service and schedule will apply; certain travel dates may not be available. In the event that your flight encounters a controllable delay or is cancelled, Swoop will – depending on the situation - provide certain services to eligible travellers.
Contest Winner/Guest agree to adhere to regulatory Covid-19 guidelines outlined by the country/countries of arrival, transit and/or departure at their own cost, including but not limited to:
A) Mandatory COVID-19 PCR and/or antigen testing B) Mandatory vaccination requirements C) Mandatory quarantine requirements D) Mandatory masking or personal protective equipment requirements Swoop shall not be held responsible for cancellations, delays, or denial of boarding resulting from non-compliance of COVID-19 guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html) (https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17254.aspx).
4. All prize details will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor and Prize Supplier. Other restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made online at www.FlySwoop.com. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. The Prize Winner/Guest is responsible for ensuring they have all necessary valid travel documents (e.g., valid passport, visas etc.). Sponsor is not responsible in the event any Prize Winner/Guest is refused boarding or entrance at any time by the airline, airport security, of the San Diego Zoo. Any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. Prize Winner/Guest must prove to be of age of legal majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence. The winner is fully responsible for all other applicable federal, provincial, and municipal taxes (including income and withholding taxes).
Any and all additional costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided including but not limited to health insurance, transportation costs (including carry on, checked baggage fees and excess baggage fees), onboard food and beverage, pre-seat selection, seat upgrades, in-flight entertainment, gratuities and other expenses incurred by the winner (and any guests) in claiming, accepting and/or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner
From all eligible entries at random, a draw will be made in Calgary, Alberta at approximately 11:00 a.m. MT on August 23, 2021 at Swoop Inc. Headquarters, where one (1) eligible winner will be selected for the Grand Prize.
The randomly selected Eligible Prize Winner will be emailed by a Swoop representative. In order to be awarded the Grand Prize, the selected entrant must respond to the notification within five (5) business days. and must meet all eligibility requirements, and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without electronic, mechanical or any other kind of assistance. The skill-testing question will be administered at such time and in such manner as the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. The selected entrant must then complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, the Prize Supplier, their respective affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or the Contest. The winner must also arrange for the signature and return of a Declaration and Release for his/her guest before being entitled to the Grand Prize. If the winner’s guest is/are a minor, such person must have consent from their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Declaration and Release on their behalf and accompany them on the trip. Such Declaration and Release Forms must be signed and returned within five (5) business days of notification, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor will draw an alternate random winner, at their discretion. Instructions on how the Grand Prize is awarded and fulfilled will be provided via email once all eligibility criteria have been met.